Saturday 14 November 2009

'Tautan Mesra' Dinner- MGC Kluang

En Mohd Said Daimon from Kluang PPD giving his speech

Ismail (MGC Kluang Chairperson)

From left: Kak Nor (MGC Johor chairperson), me and Pn Sapiah

(VIPs in serious discussion)

(The Zapin dance from SM Sains Johor students- you go girls!)

Makan-makan

The Ghazal team from STK

Tokoh GC Kluang District 2009

Date: 11 November 2009
Time: 8-11 p.m
Venue: Prime City Hotel

It was raining cats and dogs as I drove to Prime City for the Kluang District Majlis Guru Cemerlang dinner. The wipers had to work extra hard as it was almost impossible to see what was ahead. To make things worse, silly me forgot to take the umbrella from the rear window first, so I had to fetch it when I reached the parking lot. You don't need a super imagination to picture what happened afterwards! I arrived, pretty wet and rushed to the 6th floor. As I was part of the welcoming committee, I waited for the VIPs- En Shamsudin Haron (Assistant Director, JPNJ), En Mohd Said Daimon and En Shahat (PPD Kluang). STK provided the Ghazal performance and Sains Johor entertained us with the zapin dance and a song from one of the girls. It was great to be greeted by my ex students from Sains Johor! They were part of the zapin team. How they have grown!

We celebrated Pn Sapiah's retirement too in this dinner. All the best to her. May she have a wonderful retirement. I received the 'Tokoh Guru Cemerlang Daerah' Award 2009- Alhamdulillah. Thanks to the selection committee. Credit must be given to Ismail (Kluang YDP) for all the hardwork he has put in and of course the committee for organising many activities this year. By the time the event was over, it was already 11 p.m. and the rain had stopped. In the mad rush to my car (only two cars left in the parking lot and I was pretty scared), I left my umbrella behind!!

No comments: