Saturday 8 September 2012

Teacher Talk (28)

From:
To: Rahmah Sayuti <rahmahs@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 1, 2012 8:51 AM
Subject: Reading stance among students

Salam Rahmah, I used to follow your blogs.  I believed your teaching experiences will answer my questions that always spin in my head.   I read  a numbers of journals and I found that students when it comes to English literary text, they don't adopt the aesthetic reading stance which is necessary in order to understand the poem or novels.  I think most of them with technology at the finger tips especially blogs make them demotivated to read or depends on blog in terms of reading. It is not that I'm against the blogs, but more to confirm my findings with the current trends of malaysian students.  What do you think about this?

Thanks,
***



The Thinking Teacher